Freedom is seeking a Senior Accountant for our asset management business, Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM). FFAM is a leading originator of unsecured consumer installment loans. With over $3.7B of lifetime originations and $2.0B of assets under management, our business is growing rapidly. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager for FFAM and play an integral role as it relates to the goals of the department, provide mentoring and coaching as well as contribute to the compliance and efficiency of the team. The opportunity includes working closely with our investors, business operations and broader finance organization supporting best practices for the company.
- Prepare and oversee our investor dashboards, cash reconciliations and reporting
- Respond to investor inquiries. Research and resolve variances timely
- Support the month-end closing processes for our consolidated financials
- Maintain general ledger and subsidiary journals
- Conduct monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Maintain Partner banking relationships and profit share invoicing and reporting
- Assist with annual external audits, documentation, schedules, and disclosures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support and lead special projects as assigned
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA a plus
- Minimum 6 years in accounting field
- Must be results-oriented, able to manage timelines and proactively communicate to various team members
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and drive to deliver high-quality work
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Investor reporting or loan accounting a plus
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oAlEefwx