Software Engineering Manager (FDR) "Remote Work From Home"
We are looking for a talented manager to join our expanding Engineering team. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead multiple cross-disciplinary agile development teams and take responsibility for delivering high-quality software that drives value for the business. You will manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. You are expected to operate with scale and speed. You will manage team/s that work on the Salesforce Platform.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, or TX states.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, career development, and feedback for team members
- Establish priorities and set expectations and accountability for members of the development team
- Foster an engaging and collaborative environment within and among teams
- Hire talented engineers that will thrive in this collaborative environment
- Help create and follow a technology vision, roadmap, and process
- Promote sound engineering practices through example and mentorship
- Work closely with the Product team and business stakeholders to understand and improve KPIs
- Oversee the design, implementation and deployment of Salesforce-based solutions to internal business teams
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- 7+ years designing and developing scalable software including CRM applications/platforms
- 3+ years of enterprise experience using Salesforce and cloud-based technologies to develop end-to-end solutions
- Demonstrated experience with microservice architecture
- Experience working with languages and technologies like Go(Golang), React, Java, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, GCP etc
- Fluency in Salesforce - VisualForce, Lightning, Apex, Batch Apex, Triggers, SOQL etc
- Extensive experience in an agile environment required; experience with agile transformation preferred
- Experience with product roadmap planning, prioritization with product management
- Ability to motivate and mentor junior members of the team
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.