Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)*
WHO WE ARE:
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,400 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions to monitor, validate, and orchestration software throughout all stages of the SDLC. The SDET will be a member of an Agile development team and develop best-in-class test framework solutions. SDETs are responsible for all levels of development testing including functional, integration, performance, and regression testing. The qualified candidate should also be knowledgeable with TDD, test patterns, and best practices for developing a variety of tests.
- Test Driven Development – promote, establish, implement and enhance TDD processes and procedures; help/mentor the development team
- Application development - Design, develop, and document and implement test scenarios for new features or updating existing scenarios and implement new tests as per needed
- Project – Identify system and integration tasks during team sprint cycle and provide implementation strategies and estimates.
- Create/Write - write test cases and automate through API, UI automation as per needed
- Maintain – Developing and maintaining quality automation code and Test environments.
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in identifying test scenarios and regression testing needs
- Leader in automated API and functional testing; Work closely with the development team to understand functionality and identify testability of functional elements
- Mentor teams on testability of functional elements, best practices on test coverage
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members on
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; partner with other development and QA teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key teams and organization QA team
- Drive continuous integration and deployment efforts
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related degree
- Excellent understanding of the testing process, test types and testing methodologies. Demonstrated experience with TDD; 3+ year of experience with Cucumber/Gherkin or similar
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with object-oriented design.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of common development technologies (AJAX, J2EE, HTML, XML/XSL, JSON, Web Services [SOAP, REST], Maven/Gradle …etc.).
- 7+ years of technical experience in developing test frameworks and automation (JUnit, NUnit, Mocha, RSpec, and the like)
- 7+ years of experience with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs.
- Hands on familiarity with the cloud environment: GCP, AWS or similar
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational database design.
- Experience with webdriver tools (like Selenium, Capybara, and Puppeteer)
- Experience performance testing concepts and approaches including using tools like JMeter or similar
- Collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!