Settlement Variance Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new team that will be responsible for resolving account settlement variances to ensure clients can successfully complete their debt resolution programs. A settlement variance is when the total amount of payments due to a creditor does not equal the total amount of the negotiated settlement and the Resolution Specialist will exercise tenacity and good detective skills in researching the root cause of those variances and resolving them! Starting pay of $18.90/HR
- Correspond regularly with creditors and external firms to Investigate and resolve settlement variances
- Ensure updated information is appropriately entered into systems to allow settlement process to continue
- Creatively solve tough problems and offer proposals and solutions to leadership team
- Correspond with teammates and leadership on complex cases and escalate when necessary
- Identify and recommend areas to improve the settlement variance process
- Be a collaborative and communicative member of the team and engage in team meetings
- Assist with special projects as requested, which could include onboarding new hires through side by sides and other things as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year or equivalent experience in back office payment posting, claims processing, disputes, or research
- Ability to remain flexible and switch priorities at a moment’s notice when new discoveries are made
- Knowledge of various Payment Operations functions (e.g. Payment Escalations, Payment Research, Payment Remittance, etc.)
- Initiative to solve problems with little guidance
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism while dealing with our client’s, creditor’s, and banking information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interacting with all levels of staff and outside parties
- Ability to stay organized while working on multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of creditor and legal documents (e.g. Stipulated Agreements)
- Understanding of banking terminology and funds movement (CFT, GCS)
- Knowledge of FDCPA laws
- Familiarity in speaking with creditors and external firms
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Starting pay of $18.90/HR
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!