Service Desk Specialist 1
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 1800 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
THE OPPORTUNITY:The Service Desk Specialist I position is responsible for supporting Freedom Financial employees with their technical support needs on a daily basis. This role utilizes cutting edge technology to monitor Incident/Task and Problem ticket queues, sets up new users, remotes into VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) sessions, images new and repurposed laptops and desktop computers and assists the Infrastructure Teams with NOC (Network Operations Center) monitoring. This position requires a high level technical efficiencies and attention to detail skills in order to work within the established Information Technology Policies and Procedures. Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere, where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay, bonus potential and a fun, team environment!
- Provide excellent customer service to create a positive customer service experience
- Provide Tier 1 triage support for all incoming Incidents/Tasks, emails and phone calls
- Use Service Now to track and manage Incident/Task updates and solutions
- Monitor NOC (Network Operations Center) applications to help identify potential network risks
- Setup new user accounts in Active Directory and other internal applications
- Manage email accounts and distribution lists using Microsoft Exchange 2010 Console
- Use Acronis to image all laptop and desktop systems
- Configure Outlook, setup printers, map network shares
- Install, update and uninstall necessary business applications
- Support the VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- Remotely support internal customers using remote desktop session tools
- Engage other Service Desk resources to with Incidents/Tasks before escalating to another support tier
- Escalate Incidents to other tiers for additional triage and support when required
- Assign incoming Incidents/Task to other support groups
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements set by the company
- Assists with building (growing) the Service Desk Knowledgebase
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience Service Desk Specialist I experience in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Strong Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System platform knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP and other foundational computer services
- Good understanding of network printers and accessories
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- At least one relevant IT Industry Certifications Microsoft MCP, HDI Analyst, CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Strong customer service abilities
- Relevant IT Industry related certifications: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations V.3., HDI Support Center Analyst, HDI Desktop Support Technician
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.
Job Reference #: oAuaafw8