Senior Writer, Brand
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it "Best Places to Work". Whose customers say things like "they saved my marriage", "they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money," and "I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner."
In a new and critical strategic role as our Senior Writer, Brand, you will drive the voice of our brand and develop brand and marketing content to present our company as the consumer-centric leader in financial solutions for struggling and striving Americans. You will develop breakthrough copy and content to tell our company story in a way that is credible, human, empathetic, and authentic. You are comfortable working across digital and offline media and with developing both short-form and long-form content that resonates with both consumer and non-consumer audiences.
To be successful in this role, you must be someone who understands the value of a brand and who is passionate about telling compelling stories that embody and express a brand. You are a natural champion for the target consumers you serve. You have a strong understanding of branding and storytelling and are able to work collaboratively with writers, art directors, designers, internal clients, and external agencies. You like jumping in to solve problems and take pride in the quality of your work. You have a track record of delivering outstanding results in a way that garners respect from your team members. You collaborate and work comfortably across teams and disciplines.
- Develop our company brand storytelling and copywriting voice and deliver compelling copy and content that builds and amplifies our brand across mediums and channels.
- Conceptualize and create original brand-level consumer-facing copy for our corporate and product websites, landing pages, blog and article content, social media, video scripts, interactive experiences, and brand advertising both online and offline.
- Develop compelling non-consumer-facing brand copy for corporate websites, company presentations, marketing, and messaging for key non-consumer audiences including partners, investors, employees, and legislators.
- Partner with the SEO content team to develop corporate and brand messaging and content that follows SEO best practices to optimize articles, increase visibility, and build brand awareness and favorability.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of visual and UX designers, social media managers, brand marketing managers, marketing acquisition creatives, and lifecycle marketing writers to ensure our brand voice is expressed consistently in our marketing messaging and product experiences.
- Develop a detailed brand copy and style guide that provides specific guidance on voice, tone, language and terminology to be used across the company.
- Collaborate with and manage external brand and creative agencies.
- Create a foundation for best-in-class brand creative as our brand organization continues to grow.
- Partner with the Compliance team to ensure all content is compliant. Maintain accurate, Compliance-approved marketing claims to leverage consistently in brand copy and messaging.
- 7+ years relevant experience developing brand-level copy and messaging at an agency or within an internal creative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Creative Writing, English or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Relevant creative development experience in consumer financial services preferred - in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Outstanding writing skills. You are an exceptional storyteller with a compelling portfolio of examples demonstrating how you have embodied and built strong brands through content and copy.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills. Able to build relationships, partner and influence cross-functional team members.
- Strong track record of building effective marketing programs rooted in deep consumer insights. You are passionate about understanding and advocating for consumers in messaging, content and copy.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- Forward-thinking, optimistic, and strategic. Success building a brand identity or evolving one.
- Energetic, assertive, results-oriented, self-starter with the desire and ability to go above and beyond. Seeks opportunities to contribute to the team’s broader success.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.