Senior UX Designer
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY :
We’re looking for a highly skilled product designer with 5+ years of experience – and a portfolio of work that shows your impact on consumers and business outcomes. Qualified candidates should have solid experience with UI/UX design, and a love for critical analysis and problem solving. Being able to explain the thinking behind your design decisions is crucial.
Our ideal candidate is a curious, articulate, and intelligent designer — someone who wants to push the boundaries of design, technology and user experience, and is ready to take on a project and run with it.
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond, creating wireframes, mockups and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Create customer-centric designs by using data, market analysis, partner feedback, and a deep understanding of our customer’s needs
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, marketing, and engineering
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on all Freedom products
- Experience as a consumer-centric product designer: 5+ years
- Ability to solve complex design problems and to demonstrate and explain your process.
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI/UX work that is more than just thoughtful - your work should have reached a large universe of consumers and achieved meaningful, measurable outcomes.
- Effective prototyping skills
- Ability to communicate complex design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the design cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant industry experience
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oA8Wafwy