Senior UX Copywriter (Remote Work From Home)
Who We Are
Freedom’s mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,000 employees (known internally as "The Freedom Family") in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, (etc based on agreed upon locations with the hiring leader).
Freedom Financial is looking for a UX Writer with the skills to craft, straightforward, conversational, and compelling content that makes complex concepts easy to understand. Your work will directly help an underserved and stressed population reach financial stability.
As a UX Writer on the FFN team, you’ll be instrumental in crafting brand consistency and usability across all of our businesses. You’ll partner closely with our business owners, product management, UX designers, brand marketing team, researchers, subject matter experts and our tech teams to create truly trusted user experiences. This is a new role so you will define and create standards and patterns to elevate all of our copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent—across our products and at all scales.
Freedom Financial is investing in our future and developing systems and infrastructure for our next evolution. You will be foundational in creating this future.
Are you a great communicator?
You're an epic communicator with an unerring ear for voice and tone. You know inherently when to speak loudly as well as when to whisper to get your audience to listen, learn, and take action. You embrace brevity, but also know when to add a little extra color. You obsess about the customer and treat your work as the entry point to make and maintain that connection. The words you choose marry comfortably with the user flows but you are also vocal enough to challenge concepts when you see fit. You are proactive in gathering the information you need to act confidently in your work, reaching out to your team and initiating research both during discovery and through user testing to constantly improve your knowledge base and craft.
- Partner with Product teams across Management, UX, Engineering, and Research to create a taxonomy and marriage of words across a variety of contexts from buttons to chat to short form content and strategy.
- Embody the company’s brand values in all of our digital experiences with a strategic and principle driven vision through your initiatives, metrics, project deliverables.
- Create an emphasis on consistency and lifecycle management over short term wins thereby building the brand.
- A mastery of the products and business drives so your work delivers above your team and end customer’s expectations.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience
- 2 shipped products where you shaped the tone and consistency (and were at least 75% responsible)
- An available online portfolio
- Experience demystifying financial services concepts for non-finance savvy customers
- An understanding and delivery for a multi-product strategy for a varied North American audience.
Why Join the Freedom Family?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees!
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday