Senior Technology Sourcing Manager - Marketing
Senior Technology Sourcing Manager (Marketing)
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Senior Technology Sourcing Manager (Marketing)
The Freedom Procurement Team is growing and looking to add a Senior Technology Sourcing Manager for marketing purchasing. As a Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager for Technology (Marketing), you will be responsible for driving company-wide sourcing activities and initiatives in the areas of marketing software, data agreements, and media spend related to digital marketing. The role may also include sourcing certain technologies and services embedded in our service and product offerings.
This role will serve as the category lead and main contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with the internal Freedom Financial Network Marketing stakeholders and key suppliers, as well as leading strategic sourcing initiatives, driving cost savings, identifying and managing risk, discovering efficiencies, and supporting growth strategies within the department.
This role also requires the knowledge and expertise required to develop and execute sourcing strategies for complex initiatives, and identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as managing RFI and RFPs, and driving vendor negotiations and contract redlining.
- Proactively define, plan, lead and manage strategic sourcing initiatives for digital marketing technology, data agreements, and media buying, taking ownership and responsibility
- Provide knowledge and expertise to draft and negotiate complex business and legal terms and conditions. Managing the redlining and approval process for Master Terms, Amendments, SOWs and Order Forms.
- Direct the negotiation of highly complex, enterprise-wide, strategic technology initiatives
- Proactively build relationships with and influences stakeholders at all levels, with an emphasis on senior leaders
- Provide leadership and mentor non-direct reports
- Demonstrate and practice a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities
- Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection
- Performs assigned vendor management activities (business reviews, scorecard reviews, discussions) in alignment with the Vendor Management Office and Supplier Risk Management teams.
- Develop analytics and insights that drive supplier planning, key priorities and activities within spend categories
- Relevant industry experience in fields related to Sourcing and Procurement of marketing technology and digital media buying. High-tech or Financial Services industries preferred.
- Knowledge and interest in key marketing sourcing areas such as: Software (Subscription and SaaS) agency, creative, media campaigns (television, streaming, email, social media, advertising networks, audience profiling), influencers, professional services for media projects.
- 7+ years of progressive marketing technology strategic sourcing and direct negotiations experience
- Self-driven and able to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling, highly proficient with MS Excel
- Extensive experience with RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions
- Experience with ERP and Source-to-Pay tools
- Experience developing and/or presenting business cases and communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
- Experience in contract review and redlining, coordinating review cycles with legal department
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment with several stakeholders
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other quantitative discipline
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: omJSdfwU