Senior Software Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides our growing company's vision, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you'll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It's a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success achieved by doing what's right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
To create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a "Senior Software Engineer" for the Enterprise Application's team. This role provides vision, technical leadership, and overall responsibility for the Software Engineering efforts within IT and the Enterprise Application's team.
- Lead the development of new technology solutions following best architectural practices, delivering scalable, cost-effective solutions that leverage IT systems and enterprise platforms.
- Collaborate in establishing technology strategy and architectural decisions for IT.
- Display excellent communication skills when gathering requirements, developing specification documentation, and discussing technology solutions to business users.
- Lead development activities in a cross-functional environment, including teams spanning the enterprise and third-party vendors.
- Participate in technical design sessions, partnering with Infrastucture, Information Security, and Contact Center leads.
- Have a deep understanding of application structure and architecture, for front-end, back-end and database.
- Participate in the architecture and development of new micro-services and RESTful services.
- Design centralized services to support enterprise functions or policies, which may require a front-end user interface and multiple data integrations.
- Develop enterprise data solutions or integrations that improve data quality, analytics, and visualization.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reliable code solutions and integrations with internal applications and third-party services.
- Create and manage the execution of comprehensive test plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing software in a team environment.
- Back-end experience using frameworks like Laravel, Node, Go Gin, and or Express.
- Strong experience designing, building and maintaining APIs, plus familiar with open standards; e.g. Swagger or APIDoc
- Thorough understanding of cloud technologies and how to implement cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, Azure), especially in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Proficient in designing and optimizing databases such as Sql, or NoSql.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to inspect code, troubleshoot errors, and support more junior enginners.
- Demonstrate the capacity to design software and data solutions that are simple, sustainable, and scalable on an enterprise level.
- Experience deploying RPA (robotic process automation) to optimize business processes.
- Familiar with deploying AI, ML and speech-to-text solutions to support business use cases.
- Familiar deploying chatbot technology through Web, Slack or competing technologies.
- Familiar with contact/call center technologies, e.g. Genesys and Twilio.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Familiar develpoping mobile apps and/or standalone OS applications.
- Experience in developing solutions for a virtual desktop (VDI) environment.
- Experience with Docker.
- Understanding, and clear communication of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Familiar with CI / CD (continuous integration and delivery).
- Experience leveraging OCR such as Captiva or Google Vision.
- Familiar with ServiceNow and ITIL/ITSM.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!