Senior Network Engineer
The Network Engineer role will design, architect, validate, and implement, document and mentor/train Service Desk personnel to hand off daily support of projects; while serving as a long-term support escalation point. Monitor and maintain existing infrastructure and collaboration amongst all Technology groups to support the internal user base and uphold InfoSec initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain all network related equipment in all sites, respond to alerts, and mitigate outages
- Manage network performance and maintain network security, reliability, scalability, capacity planning and expansion
- Install all network related hardware/software and establish and implement network policies, procedures and standards in accordance with company objectives and Information Security standards
- Manage WAN/LAN/routing/ACLs/Policies as well as, patching/updates of all network devices and the overall health of the network infrastructure.
- Collaboration with InfoSec on Firewall ACLs and policies
- Perform router/switch/firewall management and configuration
- Create and maintain current network design, flow, and scenario documentation, including redundancy, while monitoring and reporting on network utilization, bottlenecks, and capacity planning
- Triage and escalation path for elevated problems and incidents (tier 4/5) and timely response to assigned tickets
- Participate in vendor relations for purchase and support of network equipment and maintenance contracts
- IT projects as assigned by management
REQUIREMENTS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong experience working with Palo Alto equipment in a Corporate environment
- Strong engineering experience working with Cisco Nexus equipment in a production data center environment
- Experience in Cisco ASA/AnyConnect environments or Palo Alto Prisma Access.
- Experience working with Palo Alto Network equipment in a Corporate environment, including Palo Alto Panorama, Prisma and Global Protect knowledge
- Experience working with dynamic routing protocols such as BGP / OSPF
- Experience supporting or administering Cisco ISE environments a strong plus
- Experience scripting and deploying network automation
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers and cabling standards.
- CCNP Network certification, Palo Alto certification, or comparable/higher a strong plus
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting Virtual Private Networks, AnyConnect remote access and LAN-to-LAN connections
- Network design experience with focus on the Cisco product line and able to identify areas of improvement and provide recommendations for suitable solutions
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.