Senior Network Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs almost 2500 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As a part of the Infrastructure team, the Senior Network Engineer position focuses heavily on working together within the team on projects and operational excellence. With the Network infrastructure at the core of the business, communication and collaboration is critical for soliciting systemic and infrastructure requirements and cross functional involvement in projects to ensure network infrastructure reliability and stability. Project work is cradle-to-grave including, but not limited to, design, architecture, validation, implementation and documentation.
The Network Engineer role will design, architect, validate, implement, document and mentor/train Service Desk personnel to hand off daily support of projects; while serving as a long-term support escalation point. Monitor and maintain existing infrastructure and collaboration amongst all Technology groups to support the internal user base and uphold InfoSec initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain all network related equipment in all sites, respond to alerts, and mitigate outages
- Manage network performance and maintain network security, reliability, scalability, capacity planning and expansion
- Install all network related hardware/software and establish and implement network policies, procedures and standards in accordance with company objectives and Information Security standards
- Manage WAN/LAN/routing/ACLs/Policies as well as, patching/updates of all network devices and the overall health of the network infrastructure.
- Review thresholds for accurate alerting in tandem with NOC functions.
- Collaboration with InfoSec on Firewall ACLs and policies
- Perform router/switch/firewall management and configuration
- Manage/monitoring of wired/wireless infrastructure, including infrastructure failover testing
- Participates in quarterly vulnerability assessments, annual penetration tests, working with 3rd party auditors and internal InfoSec when required
- Create and maintain current network design, flow, and scenario documentation, including redundancy, while monitoring and reporting on network utilization, bottlenecks, and capacity planning
- Triage and escalation path for elevated problems and incidents (tier 4/5) and timely response to assigned tickets
- Participate in vendor relations for purchase and support of network equipment and maintenance contracts
- Participate in datacenter maintenance and weekly change management meetings
- IT projects as assigned by management
- Participates in a rotational on-call roster that serves as an escalation point during nights/weekends
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Network Operations managing Cisco network equipment in a Corporate environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with dynamic routing protocols (BGP/EIGRP/OSPF)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with compliance standards (PCI, SOC II)
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers and cabling standards.
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting Virtual Private Networks, AnyConnect remote access and LAN-to-LAN connections
- Working knowledge of project management
- Strong analytical, customer service, technical support and troubleshooting skills
- Network design experience with focus on the Cisco product line and able to identify areas of improvement and provide recommendations for suitable solutions
- Cisco SD-WAN and SD-Access deployment and management experience
- Expertise in Cisco ASA and experience with Nexus switching hardware
- Network Certifications like CCNA, CCNP, and/or CCIE are preferred but not required
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth with opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix, 2 years in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Competitive compensation and benefit structure; benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.