Senior Manager, Fund Accounting
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a passionate and experienced Sr. Manager of Fund Accounting, reporting to our Sr. Director of Accounting. In this role, you will be a strategic business partner with the Capital Markets team managing the accounting for the Freedom Consumer Credit hedge fund. You will also have a strong partnership with the Investor Reconciliation Team and Asset Management accounting team. This will be a very hand’s on leadership position as we continue to grow, drive process improvements and reduce accounting risks.
The perfect candidate will have outstanding leadership skills, willingness to work collaboratively and dig into the details of the process. Additionally the candidate would have extensive experience in financial services and/or fund accounting.
The perfect candidate will bring a "Business Partner" mindset and thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm. If you are creative and passionate and want to work with like-minded people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Lead the accounting operations and financial reporting for the consumer credit hedge fund.
- Oversees investor performance and dashboards ensuring cash and account reconciliations are accurate.
- Drives continuous process improvements while focusing on repeatable and scalable processes.
- Oversees compliance for regulatory and accounting requirements related to the hedge fund.
- Navigate complex accounting topics relating to proper accounting for a variety of transactions
- Provide support to the Capital Markets team for equity investors questions and audit requests
- Drive changes and implement technology solutions to mitigate data risks.
- Drive and support equity and debt fundraising processes
- Collaborate and set expectations with external fund accounting administrator
This Role Is Right For You if You Are:
- Excited to bring a ‘whatever it takes" mindset to take on projects - no matter how big or small
- A highly effective communicator/collaborator, with the ability to influence others as well as cultivate productive relationships
- Aspire to take on a leadership role
- Thrilled to be and confident in building and growing a team on our path to maturity
- An independent, logical, and framework-based thinker with ability to generate ideas and support them with analysis, data, and structured arguments
- Action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging
- Comfortable in a fluid, high-growth environment and can effectively cope with change, shifting gears when needed to achieve results
- Have a "whatever it takes" mindset - that no project is too big or too small
- Keen to learn and do more
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in building and managing high performing teams
- 5+ years experience in fund accounting
- Exceptional leadership with ability to multi-task in a high growth environment
- Knowledge of on and off- balance sheet securitizations, ABS sales, and hedge fund accounting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced excel and database skills
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically
- Collaborative working style and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence, work ethic, a learning mindset, and a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
- CPA, MBA or CFA is a plus
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.