Senior Financial Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This newly created Sr. Financial Analyst role within Freedom’s Finance organization will support the FP&A leader for Freedom Financial Asset Management and Lendage. The Sr. Financial Analyst will play a key role in preparing short/long range forecasts with a focus on modelling and analytical support to drive key business decisions and strategies. The position is based in the company’s headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Provide exceptional financial and analytical support (planning, reporting, analytics, modeling, etc.)
- Strong modelling and analytical skills required
- Partner with business on business development activities, strategic decisions, financing activities and other ad-hoc reporting
- Support the creation and maintenance of annual and quarterly financial budgets and forecasts
- Perform detailed variance analysis comparing financial performance with relevant forecasts, and create meaningful reporting to present to business partners with actionable recommendations to drive business decisions
- Establish strong business partnerships with other functions throughout the organization
- Having a continuous focus on process improvement and efficiency
- Analyze data to identify opportunities for cost efficiency and unit economics, and while understanding and forecasting cross-functional impacts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (MBA, CFA or CPA a plus)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in finance roles
- Skilled in excel and capable with PowerPoint
- Pays attention to detail, is highly motivated and proactive
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: ohiaafwD