Senior Engineer - Growth and Experimentation*
Senior Engineer - Growth and Experimentation
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) has seen tremendous growth since its origins in a Menlo Park, CA garage in 2002. We have over 2,000 employees based in our San Mateo, CA and Phoenix, AZ offices and are on a continued rapid growth trajectory. We have appeared multiple times on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work, many years running, in both the San Francisco Business Times and the Phoenix Business Journal. We (under the name Freedom Debt Relief) are the country’s leading provider of debt resolution services; we have resolved over $8 billion in debt — more than any other company. We started our second major business, in personal loans, in 2014 – and have made well over $1 billion of unsecured personal loans since that time. Now, we are making our foray into mortgage lending. Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching or exiting the business.
As our customer growth initiatives continue to scale, so does our need for tooling and infrastructure that supports it. Our consumer-facing acquisitions flows and dashboards collect tremendous amounts of data and we run numerous experiments to help innovate and optimize our conversion rates.
We are looking for an extremely analytical and business-minded engineer to help us build the experimentation and analytics tools that our consumer-facing applications across the organization use. But, we’re not just a team of tool builders, we’re also consultants who help teams and individuals across the organization to adopt best practices and understand their data and experiments.
- Build the experimentation platform used across the company
- Help business units across the organization design and implement effective experiments
- Build the event analytics system used used across the company
- Build tools that enable engineers and marketers to create fast, customizable, and high-converting landing pages.
- Build API services on Node.js and/or Python
- Build a cross-platform event analytics system
- Identify opportunities for improving user growth based on data, research, insights, and creativity.
- Collaborate with a talented cross-functional team made up of Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, BI / Analytics, Product Managers, and Marketing / Sales
- Demonstrate ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Work in an agile team with product owners and engineers in a collaborative environment
- Participate in long and short term planning, develop and maintain personal schedule
- A software development generalist who cares about driving business impact
- Recent experience working on consumer facing sites with considerable traffic
- Recent experience with Python
- Extensive experience and passion for building tools and libraries that are used by other teams or for the open-source community
- Experience writing well-tested, well-factored code
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery
- Experience working in a continuous improvement / Kanban environment
Experimentation / Analytics
- Recent experience working actively on experimentation (implementation of experiments and/or development of experimentation tooling)
- You want to work for a company that is serious about experimentation and data
- A strong understanding of experimentation and statistics (traffic allocation, sample size estimation, assignment, ramping, calling experiments, sequential analysis)
- Strong experience designing, building, and debugging end-to-end event tracking pipelines
- Ability to understand and build reports to help understand business and conversion metrics, including dashboards, segmentation reports, funnel reports, cohort analysis, and more
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or other related field
- Experience implementing and running advanced types of experiments: Multivariate, Multi-Armed Bandit, etc
- You’ve worked in a growth engineering role before
- You’ve been a founder or early employee in a growth-oriented startup
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Previous experience as a consultant
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!