Senior Engineer, Front-End Tooling
We are looking for a Senior/Staff Engineer (full-stack node.js/React) to join our Engineering team. You will be joining a growing team, building the tools and components that enable teams across all of Freedom’s products to quickly develop and deliver new consumer experiences. We believe that by improving the Developer Experience, teams will be able to innovate, test, and learn quickly. As a member of this team, you’ll help us in our relentless honing of the craft of software development: learning modern technologies, adopting and adapting processes and best practices, and leveraging the benefits of automation. We are building a passionate, fast-moving team and we are looking to bring on talented individuals who can help us continue to learn and grow.
- Building and maintaining the common libraries, SDKs, and relevant documentation used by Freedom’s various product development teams.
- Maintaining Freedom’s centralized UI component library and style guides
- Helping teams adopt and contribute to common tooling, frameworks, and seed repositories
- Gathering input, ideas, and perspectives from developers, designers, and product managers across the organization to identify opportunities for improvement, collaboration, and impact.
- Establishing processes and techniques for effectively sharing and versioning libraries and components across teams and products
- Proficient in building full-stack applications on node.js, React, AWS/Google Cloud
- Well-versed in the open-source model of development and experienced managing projects with many peer contributors
- Familiarity or experience in maintaining style guides through tools such as Storybook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for conveying complex technical concepts, architecture, and technical strategy to other teams and leadership.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Be a part of a company that is disrupting the financial services industry for the good of everyday people.
- Create and scale a new group within an organization that continues to grow year over year.
- Drive significant value to a rapidly growing organization in a high-profile position.
- Work with people who are passionately committed to providing innovative financial solutions.
- Competitive benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid time-off for volunteer work
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona, and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt, and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.