Senior Director, Audit Strategy (Remote Work from Home)
Freedom Financial Network is expanding our Audit Program to enable the Company to execute on our long-term growth initiatives. The Sr. Director of Audit Strategy will be responsible for managing the strategy and execution over external financial audits, Internal Control Framework and Internal Audit engagements for the company with the support of a strong Internal Control Team. You will work closely with our VP Controller, as a key member, driving accounting strategy, policy and execution with a forward-looking mindset.
This role will offer you the opportunity to work closely as a business partner with senior level members to drive the internal and external audit strategy for the company.
If you bring a "Business Partner" mindset, thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm and want to work with like-minded people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How you’ll contribute and make a meaningful impact:
- Facilitate planning and execution for external financial audits and third party interim audits.
- Navigate complex accounting topics as a strategic partner across the organization.
- Lead the ICFR team managing the company-wide ICFR strategy and execution driving financial integrity.
- Oversee the building and execution of the roadmap for SOX and PCAOB readiness.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Compliance, IT and InfoSec to optimize synergies supporting the audit ecosystem.
- Leader through change and driving execution in a high growth and transformational environment.
- Ability to lead with Freedom’s Core Values while coaching career development and team engagement.
- Seen as a Subject Matter Expert providing financial accounting insights to drive strategy and inform business decisions.
- Strategic accounting leader supporting and guiding special initiatives for control and operational readiness.
- CPA required, MBA in accounting is a plus
- 10+ years of progressive and relevant experience combining Big 4 experience managing audit engagements
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical behavior and promotes culture for accountability
- Experience leading SOX and ICFR implementations
- Exceptional leadership skills with ability to multi-task in a high growth environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to link business and accounting concepts
- Experience in the financial services sector a plus
- IPO experience a plus
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.