Senior Director, Accounting
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom is seeking a Sr. Director of Accounting for our Loan Portfolio operations. The portfolio includes Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM), a leading originator of unsecured consumer installment loans; Lendage, originator of HELOC loans; and the Hedge Fund accounting operations. Our ideal candidate will bring technical expertise within asset management and leadership aptitude for continuous improvement that supports our growth and increasing complexity of the business. This positon reports to the VP Controller and is a supporting business partner to the asset management business leaders.
This role is located in the Phoenix, AZ area and is only available to candidates who are willing to relocate. Remote work is not an option and a relocation package will be provided.
- Responsible for all accounting operations and financial reporting for FFAM, Lendage, and the Hedge Fund.
- Navigates complex accounting topics relating to consolidations, fair value, securitizations.
- Oversees financial reporting for profit sharing agreements ensuring proper accounting treatment.
- Partners with the FP&A team to forecast performance, returns and outline variances to plan.
- Coordinates year-end and interim audits for investors, banking and external auditors.
- Oversees compliance for regulatory and accounting requirements.
- Drives continuous process improvements while focusing on building and maintaining internal controls to drive financial integrity and compliance for financial reporting.
- Works closely with the Corporate Accounting Sr. Director to drive efficiencies across the accounting operations, support succession planning, career development and team engagement.
- Oversees investor performance ensuring cash and account reconciliations are accurate and compliant with the SLA’s.
- Supports project implementations and data automation for financial reporting and accounting operations.
- Partners with Finance Transformation and BI teams to drive optimization for accounting enablement initiatives.
- Assists in due diligence for equity investors working cross-functionally with Treasury, IR and Capital Markets operations.
- CPA required, MBA or CFA a plus
- Public accounting/auditing experience
- 10+ years of leading accounting operations in the financial services industry
- Experience in technical accounting topics and consolidation principles
- Advanced knowledge ASC: 810, 860, 820, 825, 946, 860
- Advanced excel and database skills
- Exceptional leadership with ability to multi-task in a high growth environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven record in building and managing high performing teams
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible time off (no cap)
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.