Senior Data Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team and drive valuable insight for our marketing operations, product management and senior leadership teams.
This role offers an opportunity to work collaboratively in a full-stack Analytics team to provide insights, have impact and drive optimal business decisions. In this role, you will partner cross-functionally across areas such as Product, Sales, Finance and Engineering, providing analytical frameworks and insights to support strategic decisions and optimize our marketing spend.
The Senior Data Analyst plays a critical role in supporting key initiatives, uncovering vital insights and delivering critical analyses that lead to making data-informed decisions and guiding business strategy.
This role will work closely with senior leadership, department heads and colleagues to use data to drive the success of the organization. Your expertise will influence decisions made at the highest levels of the company.
- Provide analyses, insights and recommendations based on data analysis and independent discovery; translate into business outcomes with a focus on impact
- Answer questions on channel, product and user behavior, including new product features, marketing campaigns, ad-hoc questions, root-cause analysis and trend investigation
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Finance & Engineering teams to ensure instrumentation of new products and tests including new data capture and transfer into data warehouse
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain reports for cross functional teams and executives, and manage supporting data dashboards, scorecards, visualizations and reports
- Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders across the organization including channel owners, technical and business teams as well as executives
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with stakeholders to distill problems, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions; identify trade-offs between speed & quality between approaches
- Power user of analytics tools including Tableau, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager; supports training of other team members on use of these and other tools
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Computer Science Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other quantitative focus
- 6-10+ years of relevant experience in quantitative/analytic role, preferably with marketing and/or technical partners
- Strong technical skills – Proficient SQL skills; visualization tool experience with Tableau, Looker, etc.; nice-to-have. Proficient with at least one scripting / programming language (Python, Ruby, or R) and experienced with core statistical concepts and models
- Excellent analytical thinking - You connect the dots between the data and operations and gut check every number you see; you are comfortable creating frameworks for a problem or question to structure your approach
- Balances attention-to-detail with swift execution – You enjoy doing things quickly & also like to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Motivated self-starter – You work efficiently with minimal supervision & direction
- Data driven mindset – You enjoy transforming vague business problems into data-driven questions, identifying and retrieving the relevant data set using multiple data sources
- High intellectual curiosity combined with advanced analytical skills – You can dig beyond the ‘what’ to the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ of a question, issue or analysis
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oG289fwJ