Senior Buyer (Remote Work From Home)
This Sr. Buyer position will assist the Procurement department in purchasing goods and services at the most favorable terms across all Freedom Financial Network entities. The Sr. Buyer will also be involved in qualifying suppliers, evaluating bids, routing and filing contracts, and reviewing invoices for accuracy, and in some cases, negotiating prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Additional responsibilities include monitoring supplier quality and maintaining a current database of supplier information. The Sr. Buyer will be responsible for learning and upholding the established purchasing methods, policies, and procedures of Freedom, and will conduct all business in accordance with such guidelines.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, IL, UT, WA, OR
- Prepare and process purchase orders, agreements, supplier onboarding, and other documents required to acquire new or additional goods and services. Check all items for completeness and clarity, and obtain necessary missing information where required.
- Resolve any discrepancies with suppliers to the best possible advantage for Freedom.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reporting in a timely manner.
- Perform a wide variety of procurement tasks including, but not limited to: contract signature routing, database data entry and inbox management.
- Obtain and analyze quotes and orders for IT goods and services in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Keep requestors informed on delivery status and facilitate remediation with suppliers when needed.
- Follow-up / expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules, keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Keep the Procurement manager informed of all activities or problems and submit reports as requested.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ direct experience in procurement.
- Direct experience with Procure-to-Pay applications such as Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Ariba, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Strong problem solving skills with a detail-oriented mindset
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to apply mathematical concepts such as statistical data, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Positive approach and proactive attitude
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!