Senior Benefits Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Senior Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all health and welfare benefits, leave of absence and retirement programs. A strong candidate will exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills, a detail-oriented mindset, and working knowledge of systems and manipulating data.
Communication / Plan Administration
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes, including education on consumerism; coordinates changes and/or additions to coverage with appropriate plan administrators.
- Assists in administration all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, ADA, FMLA, Workers Compensation.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Assists in annual audit.
- Promotes, organizes, and plans wellness and fitness initiatives in the organization; answers questions and collects feedback from participants.
- Designs, plans, and implements classes, speakers, seminars, personal training, and open enrollment events to promote healthy lifestyles and consumerism.
- Presents new-hire benefit orientations, speaks publicly to groups.
- Oversees and administers life status changes and enrollments, conducts regular audits for accuracy and provides consistent messaging to employees.
- Evaluate, document, and revise assigned benefits processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, data privacy regulations, and best practices.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and payment of administrative fees and claims for all group plans. Assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Partners with vendors to problem-solve, share communications, and stay apprised of recent legislation.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS with regular audits and file feed validations.
- Provides regular reporting on health and wellness program, including enrollment, impacts, trends in enrollments, absenteeism, leave use, financial wellness, disease management, etc.
- Coordinates with HRIS partners and vendors to resolve file feed issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to export data in Excel, efficiently utilize Pivot Tables and V-Lookups to audit and review enrollments and other benefit-related projects.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits, applicable laws, and HRIS systems.
- Ability to design effective and motivating presentations and training programs. Minimum three years’ experience in benefits administration required.
- Degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of Oracle is preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI (PHR) preferred
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.