Scrum Master (Full Time Position)
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are currently in the midst of an agile transformation, having trained our entire product and engineering organization on agile methodology and are transitioning this group into a series of self-organizing teams that are focused on rapid ROI delivery, customer collaboration, and continuous learning/improvement.
We are looking for Scrum Masters who can provide coaching and mentorship to cross-functional agile teams. This position will guide and serve teams that deliver product solutions (combination of enhancements and projects involving technology and business process) to facilitate cultural change that leads to a significant improvement in our overall product development standards, quality, and team productivity. You will be responsible to facilitate your team to be agile and make Scrum work for your team, remove impediments from your team while promoting self-management. You should do anything in your power to help your team perform at its highest level. You will also be the consummate coach, influencing your teams toward self-improvement and generating great team results.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Facilitate team organization and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint review/demos, and retrospectives
- Drive FFN’s Agile transformation across the enterprise by participating in continuous improvement activities, providing training, and serving as coach/mentor to others
- Assist the team in tracking and communicating team progress and value focused metrics
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to groom the product backlog
- Facilitate and enable an environment of collaboration and creativity
- Support and empower the team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Empower the team to self-organize around achieving their commitments
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team's ability to deliver against their commitments
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices where appropriate
- 5+ years of service as an active Scrum Master
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time-sensitive work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with diverse personality types
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to travel independently when required
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Business-related program
- Certified Scrum Trainer (CSM, PSM)
- Experience with a scaled Agile framework (LeSS, SAFe, etc)
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in other roles in an agile environment (Developer/Engineer, BA, Project Manager, Product Owner, QA, etc.)
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: oG99afwS