Product Manager, Digital Consumer Communications
WHO WE ARE:
Lendage is the newest and fastest-growing business for Freedom Financial Network. We began mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018 and are on track to grow more than 10x in 2021 alone. Lendage's mission, like all of Freedom Financial, is to provide financial solutions, service, and education that enables consumers to reduce debt, build wealth, and achieve financial freedom. We’re helping everyday Americans to enjoy financial freedom in more ways than ever, with proven solutions for debt settlement, mortgage loans, personal loans, and more. Freedom Financial Network has seen tremendous growth since its origins in a Menlo Park, CA garage in 2002. We have over 2,500 employees based in our San Mateo, CA and Phoenix, AZ offices and are on a continued rapid growth trajectory. We have appeared multiple times on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list and have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work many years running in both the San Francisco Business Times and the Phoenix Business Journal. We are the country’s leading provider of debt resolution services; we have resolved over $12 billion in debt — more than any other company – and have originated well over $5 billion in loans to help consumers improve their finances and lower their cost of debt.
We’re looking for a dynamic Product Manager to own and shape the future of Lendage’s digital consumer communications. This role works throughout the consumer journey and product lifecycle, leading the product strategy and execution for consumer communications at Lendage. You will develop and execute on a vision for Lendage to provide transparent, compelling communications to consumers across all digital channels (online, email, text, chat) by consulting stakeholders across Lendage sales and operations, as well as by conducting market analysis and bringing your own point of view regarding consumer communications. Key aspects of the role include gathering and prioritizing requirements, defining the product features and UX, supporting daily sprints, and driving the process for production releases.
A successful candidate for this role has regularly shipped consumer software products, defined epics and user stories, and has a strong sense of great user experience. This role will interface with all levels of the organization, so great communication skills are essential.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Consumer communications with a focus on customer acquisition and conversions.
- Conduct a current and future state analysis on existing digital communications product capabilities.
- Partner with Lifecycle Marketing Team to provide product support and features that drive consumer engagement.
- Develop a comprehensive, omni-channel communications strategy designed to significantly improve the consumer experience both pre and post-close.
- Develop business cases for new, major product enhancements to enable revenue, reduce cost, increase user engagement, and improve user satisfaction.
- Define the product roadmap by addressing critical gaps, conducting external research, consulting business stakeholders, and understanding the broader corporate strategy for digital communications.
- Lead and participate in scoping, requirement gathering, solution design, implementation and validation.
- Defining Objectives and Key Results; assessing outcomes; owning plans to drive results.
- Partner with deployment managers and business stakeholders to ensure successful deployment and adoption of features.
- Work closely with User Experience and Design teams to understand and serve unmet client and customer needs through persona-driven design.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to bring to life an exceptional consumer communications capability for Lendage.
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiency
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, User Experience Design, or related experience.
- 5-7 years in a product management or technology role, preferably working on digital communication channels (email, SMS, mobile push, Slack, voice).
- Financial services technology experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated learning agility.
- Familiarity with technology and ability to interact in technical discussions with engineering stakeholders.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
PERKS OF THIS ROLE:
- A unique challenge. Shaking up the consumer finance world (mortgage, personal loans, and debt reduction) is no small feat. We have the right role for you, if you are ready for the challenge.
- Relaxed but driven company culture. We want to get things done and get results, then be home to see our friends and families.
- A great group of motivated individuals. Enthusiastic, smart people you'll enjoy being around.
- Small team, big impact. Everything you do makes a difference.
By applying for a position with Lendage, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Lendage’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Lendage, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Lendage provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Lendage does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans. We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.