WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Product Owner for Freedom Plus, a consumer installment loan platform with $1.7B+ of lifetime originations and over $1B of assets under management. Reports to the Senior Manager of Product for Freedom Financial Asset Management, but will work closely with leaders and other key stakeholders in Underwriting and Credit Risk to own and maintain the systems that drive our loan decisioning. The role will also interface heavily with the Freedom Plus product team to provide supporting services that tie the various business applications together for a seamless customer and agent experience. The position will be based in Tempe, AZ.
You will be joining a top performing team building and managing one of the fastest growing products within Freedom Financial.
- Technical Product Owner for the Underwriting, Credit and Pricing Systems for Freedom Financial Asset Management
- Work with Underwriting and Credit Risk operational leaders in maintaining and updating our loan decisioning algorithms, improve ROA for our loan portfolio and drive operational efficiency
- Analyze data using data and visualization tools to come up with product insights and business need based prioritization of features.
- Hands on experience in data analysis is required.
- Support all Freedom Plus product teams with a platform of micro-services that are scalable, available and highly performing
- Own the product vision and road map and drive automation throughout the business
- “Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure.
- 4+ years of product management experience, preferably in financial services
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining API-based micro-services
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum development practices
- SQL and Tableau must have skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Jira, PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management skills
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.