Product Manager Consumer Experience
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Currently, originating a mortgage loan is a complex and costly endeavor. Our vision is to build processes and technology platforms that scale and use every opportunity for automation and the application of analytics and machine intelligence to improve decisions and insight, in order to improve efficiency and make for a dramatically better overall customer experience. We need a talented product manager who brings good understanding of consumer web and mobile applications, has or is able to rapidly acquire deep understanding of the mortgage origination process and is capable of rapidly developing a clear vision of where we need to go, in order to succeed. The mission for this exciting new role is to specify and manage a world class consumer experience across all Lendage products. The Product Manager for Consumer & Mobile Web will be responsible for the end-to-end consumer experience for Lendage, serving as the voice of the customer, defining the vision for the overall user experience, working with the engineering and design teams to deliver the vision, and leading process improvement for the consumer journey within the organization. The Product Manager will focus particularly on customer-facing solutions and related technologies in our organization..
We seek an individual capable of deeply understanding and driving consumer needs within Lendage, while simultaneously identifying and leveraging best practices from across the broader Freedom organization.
- Listen to customers and to the teams that work with them to understand their needs, delights and frustrations; use what you learn to power the product direction.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the ways that Lendage sells, and the key ways in which we can improve the delivery and quality of its services
- Define the consumer experience for Lendage: from our consumer website and landing pages to our online mortgage webflow, consumer education modules, and scenario modeling tools.
- Ensure that our product offerings are supported by end-to-end processes and technologies that deliver a seamless customer experience
- Deliver data-driven insights, producing recommendations to support actionable strategic direction and business prioritization to drive improvements to the delivery and quality of our services
- Execute on business strategy, leading and supporting projects with cross-functional teams, including sales and operations organizations, engineering and information technology, marketing, legal, and compliance
- Ensure that changes in customer acquisition approach, underwriting and operational changes translate effectively into the processes and tools used by our employees
- Skill at operating at both strategic and tactical levels, including proven experience managing products or services and well as the implementation of projects with cross-functional teams
- A customer-centric focus – keeps customers in the forefront of decisions, connects plans and actions to our purpose of serving clients
- Deep experience with mortgage, loan origination systems, related technologies such as credit bureaus, property valuations, CRM, and best practices for sales and service-facing technology and process design in financial services
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, and present to management
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting, with success managing direct reports as well as leading cross- functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines with little supervision
- College degree, preferably in business or financial field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management in a startup or mid-size organization with practical experience in developing, managing and delivering consumer-facing Web products
- A fundamentally user-centric approach to product iteration with solid design sense
- Strongly data-driven and technical: you have a track record of leveraging your ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, run quantitative tests, and inform product decisions, leading to lift in critical metrics
- Detail-oriented: you believe that a great product is the sum of a series of small, thoughtful decisions that are followed-through on.
- Experience with agile software development and working with engineering teams
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a structured and rigorous thought process.
- Ability to build iteratively & ship quickly with great personal organization and a long history of effectively managing multiple priorities & personal organization.
- Solid understanding of key marketing metrics and how digital customer acquisition works across channels.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: o8Ilafw5