Procurement Contracts Manager
Procurement Contracts Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team at Freedom Financial Network is seeking a hard-working and self-motivated Procurement Contracts Manager to join our fast-paced and growing team and lead on drafting, review, and negotiations for our commercial contracts. This position reports directly to Sr. Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, and requires a minimum of 7 years in direct contracts management experience.
To be successful in this role, you will need to develop strong business relationships with members of the Procurement team, as well as internal business clients across the organization. Interest and fluency in technology concepts and intellectual property is strongly preferred. You should have “can do” attitude but also be able to identify when there is a need for improvement. You will need to enjoy working in a fast-paced, growing department.
- Interpret and assess Supplier agreements and quickly identify the issues that need either a business or legal decision.
- Draft, negotiate, extend, and amend contracts. Examples include, but are not limited to, non-disclosure agreements, software licensing (both on-prem and SaaS), data sharing, maintenance and professional services and partner agreements.
- Engage with internal compliance and information security teams as needed.
- Take a continuous improvement view of our contract review process and maintain items such as template agreements and playbooks.
- Deliver contract support with an emphasis on deliverables and schedule.
- Train staff on procurement principles, practices, and techniques
- Direct industry experience in technology contracts to negotiate, draft and administer legal clauses related to technology. High-tech or Financial Services industries preferred.
- Knowledge and interest in key legal concepts for technology contracts, such as: Indemnification, Limitations of Liability, Warranty, Intellectual Property, Data Security
- 7+ years of direct experience in contract management and complex negotiation experience in a major law firm, a sophisticated in-house legal department, or Fortune 500 procurement organization, with a focus on technology procurement via various models (on premise, SaaS, etc.) (Law Degree not Required)
- Self-driven and able to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Experience in leading contract review and redlining, coordinating review cycles with legal department as needed
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects (some of which are large-scale) in a fast-paced environment with several stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Be able to get up to speed quickly on other business applications as needed;
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working within a high volume, dynamic and friendly team
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.