Principal Product Manager - Financial Tools
Freedom Financial Network has embarked on a journey to become a leading consumer-centric company that offers a holistic suite of financial offerings to help struggling and striving consumers with their debt and finances. We have already started transforming our products and services and we need great people to help us in this transformation.
In order to achieve this goal, the multi-product platform team is building a centralized data platform and products that will be used across all our existing and new innovative consumer products. These products will be used across different touchpoints of the consumer journey. The data products, powered by the data platform will:
- Help Freedom delight our consumers with an improved understanding of their situation.
- Provide insights, recommendations, and simulators to consumers on the next best actions and solutions based on their unique situation, needs, and goals.
- Evaluate the consumers’ changing needs continuously and adapt our recommendations
We're proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, WA, CO, TX, UT, OR, NV.
- We are looking for a strong product leader to build our next data driven experiences and financial tools to attract, retain and engage consumers and help drive forward a rapidly growing business. We want to re-imagine our experiences of insights, recommendations, forecasting and simulators with a new generation of delighting experiences.
- We have a tremendous opportunity to re-invent the consumer journey and build the consumer facing application to support it. This would include evaluating consumers’ financial situation, and building services for offers, product recommendations, cross-sell opportunities, and many more.
- In this role, you will build digital experiences that are powered by data, and will involve vision and strategy and working with cross functional teams. You will partner with many different teams across the organization to build data-driven solutions that drive a clear impact on the business. This is a horizontal role and a great opportunity to take part in an amazing company in its path to make a big dent in the financial services universe.
- Product management at Freedom Financial Network provides thought leadership, vision, and strategy. As a product manager, you will define your roadmap and will have full ownership of it. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, proactive, and passionate Product Manager to innovate and execute on our next generation of products and services.
- Drive innovative data services and consumer facing experiences to help consumers achieve their financial goals.
- Own the product roadmap and execution to create a consolidated view of consumer data that can be used in real-time by applications for decisioning and tailoring experiences.
- Work across functions (product, engineering, marketing, sales, and data) to track consumer journeys effectively. Use this data to create a virtuous feedback loop to continually improve cross-business unit consumer journeys.
- Drive alignment across a wide range of business/executive/product leaders and business units
- Identify opportunities to leverage data across the business and drive a data-driven culture, and enable product-led growth of the business
- Productionalize and optimize data science models for consumer outcomes across Freedom
- Partner with businesses to run A-B testing experiments on models, consumer and agent experiences.
- Identify opportunities to collect and use data and how to best organize it
- Identify opportunities to attract, engage and retain consumers with tools and applications that use data
- Shape the future of data services across freedom including recommendations, next best action, and more
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer-focused product management with a proven record of successful launches.
- Strong understanding of consumers and data components.
- You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- You can prioritize ruthlessly, articulate, and defend your product roadmap across business functions
- Ability to communicate well, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentations
- Ability to zoom out and see the big picture, while not the missing important details in execution
- Choosing the right metrics and using data analyses to drive cross-functional action
- Experience with A/B testing
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS UNIQUE:
- Freedom is a super interesting point in time right now. The company is going through a MASSIVE transformation and you could be part of that
- Great opportunity to build a data platform that is part of the transformation and enables freedom to capitalize on the data
- Ability to have a clear impact on revenue and consumers via tools and services that are built on data
- Opportunity to establish yourself as a leader in using data across the consumer journey and freedom’s journey to change the financial landscape
- Using technology as a disruptor
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few