Performance Marketing Manager (Native)
Who we are
Freedom’s mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as “The Freedom Family”) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are looking for a talented, data-driven and motivated performance marketer to join our team. You will be responsible for identifying, negotiating, and managing online campaigns across major native platforms to drive business revenue and own the channel P&L. You take a user first approach and will have an active voice in developing the creative, collaborating with product, and designing optimization programs to deliver the best results for your campaigns.
The right candidate is a self starter who thrives in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and collaborative environment. You have a track record of success and have built and grown meaningful channels from the foundation-up.
Your responsibilities and focus area:
- Own highly visible and strategic acquisition campaigns across all the major native advertising platforms - gemini, taboola, outbrain, dianomi, etc.
- Manage a 6-7 figure monthly spend and deliver on a strong growth plan while maintaining profitability
- Identify, negotiate and scale direct native opportunities, where relevant, such as direct buys on websites, content partnerships, etc.
- Implement channel best practices and drive data driven optimization across targeting, bidding strategies, creative/ad copy, platform, publishers, landing page, keywords etc.
- Own the strategy and processes to craft compelling creative/content that drive action
- Work with data and analytics teams to deliver dashboards, measurement and provide deeper insights for better decision making
- Take an audience first approach and expand current channels to new audiences
To be successful in this role, you need to be a natural problem solver, who can think strategically and execute swiftly while collaborating with cross-functional teams. You love putting structure to chaos and embody a strong growth mindset to push yourself, the team and the organization forward in creative ways.
- You are strategic, have a bias towards action and are a self starter. You identify and prioritize critical initiatives and can lead the charge from initiative to execution
- A process leader, you can work with people and technology to drive efficiency and collaboration. A systems thinker at heart, you love solving complex problems
- Team oriented, you can collaborate effectively across functions and inspire action by driving strong alignment and coordination
- You are data driven, adept at mining data for hidden insights and drive curiosity around the “why” behind the “what”.
- You get things done and can navigate unknown charters through first principles thinking.
- 5+ years experience in managing user acquisition/growth campaigns, with at least 2 years as a DR marketer for native channels such as gemini, taboola, outbrain, etc
- Direct ownership over revenue and proven track record of growing user acquisition programs from inception to scale
- You understand the value of a compelling content piece and can drive best practices across ads and landing pages that drive response
- You are data driven and are hands on with analysis on channel performance, identify optimization opportunities and use data to inform business decisions. Proficient with tools - advanced excel, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc
- Executional comfort on ad-tech areas pertaining to native/display such as link tracking, conversion pixels/tags, ad serving and attribution
- Experience with programmatic audience buys and display channel management is a plus
- Experience in financial services industry is a plus
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Have a direct impact on the community by helping everyday Americans move forward toward a better financial future.
- We push the envelope every day. Be an active part of a dynamic team that is at the cutting edge of modern day performance marketing.
- Thrive in an environment that provides the white space to do your best work.
- Work alongside high-energy (and fun!), results-driven teammates with strong work ethic.
- Have the best of both worlds: be part of a high-growth entrepreneurial culture that has sufficient resources to invest in doing the right things.