Payment Servicing Specialist II
The Payment Processing Specialist II (FFAM) is responsible for quality checking applications and creditor disbursement transactions for the Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM) portfolios.
This position is expected to consistently exercise a high degree of initiative, independence, and sound time management when performing assigned tasks, to meet deadlines. Additionally, this role will regularly require attention to detail and the application of Payment Operations department policies and procedures and other Payment Operations team standards. Good judgment, tact, and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance is also required as our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations.
This team provides a great foundation for learning all about Freedom Financial Network's payments and allows you the ability to see the impact we have on thousands of clients’ lives.
This role will start with:
- Performing quality checks on creditor disbursements as requested by borrowers
Over time, you’ll learn to:
- Recover funds paid to incorrect creditors for Freedom Plus Loans
- Respond to F+ Escalation emails from Loan Servicing
- Complete delegated special projects as assigned
- Assist in onboarding new hires through side-by-sides and team meetings
- Attend required meetings and/or conference calls; take notes and follow up on assigned action items
- Investigates issues which may impact other work groups; analyzes alternative solutions; presents potential resolutions
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with computers, including the Microsoft product line and Windows-based applications: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task by having multiple screens open at one time; strong time management skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Minimum 1 year in Payments or back-office operations
- 1-2 years of previous experience in Payments/banking operations role
- Previous experience working in a metric driven or SLA environment
- Previous experience with auditing reports, Excel spreadsheets, Excel formulas, reviewing credit reports, etc.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 10a-6:30p
(Possible weekend shifts depending on business needs)
WHO WE ARE
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.