Payment Research Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day
This position is responsible for the day-to-day duties supporting the Payment Operations Department including, but not limited to client and creditor interaction for the purpose of successful debt resolution under payment processing. The responsibilities include prompt resolution of all banking inquiries, cases, special projects that may arise, and daily reports. Exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to the database updates, review of settlements and payment information, and timely completion of cases, email requests, and projects. Good judgment and ability to communicate effectively and professionally are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance is required.
Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere, where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay, bonus potential and a fun, team environment!
Review and processing of payments presented to FDR bank partners by creditors that have failed clearing by the bank through their automated and manual match process; are then assigned to the Payment Research team for review and required for completion by the allotted banking deadlines.
- Daily Reports
These 6 reports are worked daily amongst the Payment Research team to ensure settlements are successful through completion. Tasks for these reports may include but are not limited to call attempts made to creditors to confirm payments, scheduling payments, reviewing uncleared payments, rejecting payments or settlements, and reviewing client’s accounts to determine if there will be sufficient funds for payments.
Cases are inquiries about a creditor, account, payment, legal, and/or settlement issue. These are created by the supporting departments including Customer Service, Negotiations, and Payment Remittance for the Research team to complete. Tasks for these reports may include but are not limited to reviewing payments that have returned, reviewing late/missed payments, and cancelling /adding payments, null and voiding payments/settlements.
- Special Projects/Assignments
When an instance occurs outside of the departments regular daily tasks, research agent(s) are assigned to the special project and expected to see these tasks through to completion. Tier 1 Specialists may also assist with other additional workflows depending on business needs.
- High School diploma or GED completed
- 6 months or equivalent experience in payment posting and/or claims processing recommended
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills required
- Familiarity in speaking with creditors and law firms
- Strong communication skills- both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work varied hours based on the needs of the business/department
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer/Creditor focused/positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Display confidentiality and professionalism while dealing with our client’s, creditors, and banking information
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for communication with all levels of staff
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to stay organized while working on multiple tasks
- Provide guidance to other employees and Management regarding payment and settlement discrepancies and issues surrounding all job duties
- Must have patience and great problem solving skills
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!