Payment Research Agent
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
Use your problem-solving and great customer service skills in this Research role in Payment Operations!
Payment Research Agents solve payment problems. They may see an uncleared payment and research the account to learn more. That research will require them to work autonomously and proactively to review different systems to find information, making a call to the creditor to learn more and provide their findings, digging deeper to correct this issue and coming to a resolution.
This role supports the Payment Operations Department through client and creditor interaction for the purpose of successful debt resolution under payment processing. The responsibilities include prompt resolution of all banking inquiries, various cases, special projects that may arise, and daily reports. Exercising discretion and independent judgment while reviewing settlements and payment information, and timely completion of cases, email requests, and projects. Good judgment and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally are of primary importance for this position.
- Daily Responsibilities
- Review various case types needing extensive research to resolve payment related issues by contacting creditors and/or clients via phone and email
- Assist with resolving payment issues related to undelivered or return payments
- Review tax related documents to ensure settlements are updated properly
- Examine payment inquiries that were presented by creditors within deadlines
- Outbound calling is required and agents may receive inbound follow up calls
- Meet daily and monthly metric goals set for individual and team results
- Special Projects
- Delegated special projects as required by the business need
- Assist in onboarding new hires through side by sides and team meetings
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Experience working with computers, including the Microsoft product line and Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 6+ months of customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task by having multi-screens up at a time and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Maintain customer privacy when accessing customer accounts and information
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Previous experience in a metric/SLA driven environment
- 3 months of previous of experience related to research/financial services and related processing systems
Shift: Monday - Friday (work done by 4pm)
Interested in learning more about this opportunity? Apply today!