Payment Remittance Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Payment Remittance Specialist position is responsible for the day-to-day duties supporting Payment Operations. This role is responsible for adherence to SLAs, remitting payments on structured settlements and assisting other teams within Payment Operations, when needed. With a high degree of initiative, independence, accuracy and a sense of urgency, you will be responsible for remitting payments and reviewing settlement information to ensure payment criteria is met. You may be asked to assist with other projects as well.
This position will regularly require attention to detail as well as application of policies and procedures set in place within the Payment Operations Department’s processes. Good judgment and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance is a requirement of this position.
Take this opportunity to join a fast growing team where you are valued and recognized for your contributions. We offer good starting pay, bonus potential payout every month and a collaborative environment where teammate’s voice is heard.
- Daily Responsibilities
- Remit payments on structured settlements
- Resolve escalations and inquiries creatively and timely, within the team and with other business units
- Ability to work within multiple systems and programs
- Accept accountability for quality and accuracy of all payments processed
- Ability to effectively manage daily queue and workload
- Adhere to team/department/company procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to individual/team/department goals
- Work directly with teammates, leaders and business units to accomplish goals
- Assist other teams if business needs dictate
- Enter data accurately and ensure consistent business practices are applied throughout the life of the settlement
- Special Projects
- Delegated special projects
- Assist in onboarding new hires through side by sides and team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Customer Service, Quality Control or Business Operations environment or related industry
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Attention to details
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Preference given to
- Payment Remittance experience
- Financial Service experience
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- $13 / hr starting pay with monthly bonus potential
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: oxzrafwr