Payment Operations SME
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Subject Matter Expert, business partner liaison will be responsible for interacting on a daily basis with Payment and Settlement Operations agents and leaders, creditors and key business partners who do business with Freedom Financial Network. A large part of the role is identifying issues or working with Settlement and Payment Operation Agents on trends they have identified, and facilitating conversations with the key business partners to address and resolve the issues. With a high degree of initiative, accuracy, independence and sense of urgency, you will ensure all issues are identified and addressed in a timely manner. In addition, the liaison will evaluate and analyze all of the production metrics as well as summaries of the interactions that occurred within each month.
The Subject Matter Expert, business partner liaison is expected to exercise a high degree of initiative, independence, and ability to meet deadlines for the various reports and projects they will be assigned to them. This position will regularly require attention to detail as well as application of policies and procedures set in place within the Settlement and Payment Operations Department’s processes, Negotiations’ processes and other Payment Operations team standards. Good judgment, tact, and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are of primary importance for this position. Regular attendance and flexibility is a requirement of this position as our goal is to exceed our client’s expectations. This position provides a great foundation for learning all about Freedom Financial Network and allows you the ability to see the impact we have on thousands of clients’ lives. Join a winning team and build a successful career!
- Enter data accurately and ensure consistent business practices are applied (includes QA of agent work when needed)
- Creating and monitoring reports within Salesforce in order to monitor trends and identify process gaps
- Access and notate accounts, and effectively uses computer systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting
- Maintain customer privacy when accessing customer accounts and information
- Assist with day to day completion of (and research and reporting into) our client ATC process
- Research discrepancies within communicated deadlines and with the utmost quality
- Resolve any settlement creation, payment remittance or payment disbursement errors
- Accountability for the quality of accuracy of all completed work
- Adhere to team/department/company procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to individual/team/department goals
- Communicate with teammates and leadership as needed
- Work with key business partners to provide updated SOP’s and ensure they are adhered to
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings and training sessions with key business partners
- Complete monthly QA reviews of work completed by key business partners. Summarize information for FDR leaders and provide feedback to business partner as appropriate
- Review and escalate trends to FDR and key business partner leadership as appropriate. Coordinate and facilitate discussions between all necessary leadership
- Assist in change management resulting from changes with key business partners
- Delegated special projects as assigned and other duties as assigned
- Attend required meetings and/or conference calls. Take notes, distribute to all necessary parties, and follow up on assigned action items.
- Propose and assist with development of process improvements
- Assist with other job functions depending on business needs
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 6 months experience in Settlement or Payment Operations
- Must have professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with computers including Microsoft product line and windows based applications: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Positive and proactive attitude
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday