Mortgage Underwriter III
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
We are looking for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to join Lendage, our mortgage division. Lendage offers homeowners the opportunity to use the value in their homes to consolidate debt and start building for the future.
This opportunity may be a great fit for you if you – have agency underwriting experience, are always looking for ways to help the customer, are a natural leader and enjoy helping junior Underwriters, and are excited about working on a lending platform that is intuitive and helps us be more efficient.
This is a small, highly collaborative team where you have an opportunity to help build the perfect mortgage process.
Our Underwriters work closely with the client and our Mortgage Operations teams to ensure an optimal customer experience as they collaborate with the Loan Officers to secure desired loan financing.
- Verifies income and employments information, reviews credit history, and calculates the value of borrowers collateral/assets
- Conduct a Welcome Call with the client within 48 hours of the application and outlines a needs list for the client
- Request and monitor the receipt of all required documentation
- Order required 3rdparty services, review for adherence to policy and procedure and follow-up as needed
- Monitors Regulation B compliance and ensures all underwriting decisions are made within applicable SLAs
- Analyzes personal and business, (Corporate, S Corporation and Partnership), income tax returns and prepares Self-Employed Analysis for Mortgage qualification
- Reviews all appraisals, (i.e. AVM, PICR, 1004, 1025), to confirm they meet the standards for the loan type requested and support the market value conclusion
- Contacts appraisers, as necessary, to resolve conflicting information or appraisal issues
- Follows underwriting procedure and completes all underwriter logs
- Approves/Denies loan requests based on Lendage underwriting guidelines and investor criteria
- Documents reasons for approval or denial and completes adverse action notices when applicable.
- Checks investor memos and keeps current on any changes
- Answers audit issues on purchases or pre-purchased loans
- Shares best practices with the team and fosters a collaborative environment
- Assists Sr. Manager, Underwriting with new employee pipeline review
- Acts a backup to Sr. Manager to review new employee underwrites
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual – must be adaptable in a start-up environment
- Minimum of 3 years of Mortgage Underwriting experience on a variety of loan products, managing a pipeline of 60+ loans a month
- Demonstrated skills in the area of income calculation and credit review
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams towards the delivery of goals and objectives
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Seeks feedback and accepts coaching with a continual desire to get better
Interested in joining a company that has been ranked a Best Place to Work, a best employer for women, and a Healthiest Employers in the Valley?