Mortgage Underwriter I
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
Are you a Mortgage Processor who would like to move into an Underwriter role? Or, do you currently underwrite personal loans, but would like to get into mortgage?
We'd love to talk to you!
We are growing our Underwriting team and looking for customer-focused Mortgage Processors and Personal Loan Underwriters to join our growing mortgage division!
Our Underwriters work closely with the client and our Mortgage Operations teams to ensure an optimal customer experience as they collaborate with the Loan Officers to secure desired loan financing.
- Evaluates loan applications and borrowers’ creditworthiness
- Conduct a ‘Welcome Call’ with the client within 48 hours of the application
- Outline a needs list for the client
- Request and monitor the receipt of all required documentation
- Adhere to departmental SLAs
- Review and clear Fraud Report
- Monitors Regulation B compliance and ensures all underwriting decisions are made within applicable SLAs
- Verifies income and employment information, determines the income based on documentation, reviews credit history, and calculates the value of borrowers collateral/assets
- Analyzes personal and business, (Corporate, S Corporation and Partnership), income tax returns and prepares Self-Employed Analysis for Mortgage qualification
- Reviews all appraisals, (i.e. AVM, PICR, 1004, 1025), to confirm they meet the standards for the loan type requested and support the market value conclusion
- Follows underwriting procedure and completes all underwriter logs
- Approves/Denies loan requests based on Lendage underwriting guidelines and investor criteria
- Documents reasons for approval or denial and completes adverse action notices when applicable.
- Checks investor memos and keep current on any changes
- Answers audit issues on purchases or pre-purchased loans
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual – must be adaptable in a start-up environment
- Minimum of 2 years of Senior Mortgage Processing experience on a variety of loan products with focus on secured products, or 1 year of Personal Loan Underwriting experience
- Demonstrated skills in the area of income calculation and credit review
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams towards the delivery of goals and objectives
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Seeks feedback and accepts coaching with a continual desire to get better
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values)
CARE (for everyone)
We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY (every time)
We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
GET BETTER (every day)
We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
COLLABORATE (with everybody)
We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
This is your chance to join Freedom’s mortgage division and get in on our next great opportunity.
If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.