Mortgage Loan Closer/Funder
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network is growing our new mortgage division, Lendage and looking for Loan Closer/Funder to join our team!
- Prepares and coordinates all loan documents for loan closing including all aspects of quality control prior to funding.
- Prepares and tracks borrowers’ receipt of Closing Disclosure per TRID regulations.
- Collaborates with closing agents on final loan figures for the Closing Disclosure.
- Maintains relations and communication with document preparation vendors to meet standards of compliance in at least 18 states.
- Provides excellent customer service and problem-solving with all parties to the loan before, during and after closing.
- Executes loan documents on behalf of the company.
- Prepares funding packages for warehouse lenders. Sets up wire for closing agent/title with funding department.
- Performs data integrity reviews prior to shipping to secondary marketing investors while meeting purchase/delivery deadlines.
- Reviews pre-funding loan conditions and executed loan documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Directs collateral packages to applicable warehouse bank and/or investor.
- Responsible for archiving of digital files for document storage.
- Maintain necessary knowledge to successfully perform job responsibilities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with closing/funding
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with attorneys, title companies, and other business professionals.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
- Eligible to complete state and federal MLO licensing requirements, including but not limited to required pre-license education, state and federal testing, and federal background checks to obtain an appropriate license to conduct business in all states deemed necessary by the company
- Ability to work in a continually-changing, entrepreneurial team environment
- Great communication skills, self-motivation, positive attitude
- Embodies the four Freedom core values: Care, Collaboration, Get Better, and Act with Integrity
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
This is your chance to join Freedom’s newest division and get in on the ground floor of our next great opportunity. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.