Mortgage Closing Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018.
As one of our earliest hires, you will have to stretch yourself outside of just “management”, as it will be several months before we are actively originating mortgages at scale. In the meantime, each day will be a new adventure. You will be working closely with our senior leaders from Lendage in San Mateo, CA, our current Mortgage Advisors and your peers in Tempe, as you help define our customer value proposition and closing methods.
The Closing Manager is primarily responsible for driving initiatives across the Lendage Closing teams in support of corporate objectives for strong, responsible, growth of our loan portfolios. This involves working closely with our Mortgage Operations teams to ensure an optimal customer experience as they work with the Mortgage Advisory team to secure desired loan financing.
- Ensure the development of the highest possible ongoing and initial coaching and training to new and existing staff
- Oversee all aspects of the Closing Process for the Lendage Mortgage portfolio to include daily management of SLA’s, timely adherence to corporate policies and procedures, and close working relationships with aligned teams such as Sales, Underwriting, Loan Servicing and Compliance
- Use quality assurance data to build improvement in overall lender decision making
- Identification of gaps and the ongoing assistance in documenting processes and procedures
- Work with BI resources to build a reporting suite that allows clear communication of performance to each team members, peers, management and Executive Leadership
- Ensure that all KPI’s for the department are met
- Report productivity and departmental errors on a monthly basis to Operations Manager.
- Prepare and deliver action plans or correction actions when individual metrics are not met
- Interview, hire and provide ongoing training for disclosure desk, closer/funder, post closing
- Ensure on-going and complete communication of key initiatives, deliverables, and expectations across team members, peers, managers, and Executive Leadership
- Manage or oversee administrative tasks of the department (timecards, schedules, vacations, performance reviews)
- Continually review process and identify areas for improvement
- Identify strategic and technology improvements
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual, with a sense of urgency, and ability to adapt to a new and growing line of business
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ mortgage closing experience on a variety of loan products, services and policies
- Ability to understand and make recommended changes to standard operating procedures
- Possess working knowledge of RESPA and other federal, state and industry compliance requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams towards the delivery of goals and objectives
- The ability to multi-task and get things done.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment. Seeks feedback and accepts constructive criticism and coaching on a consistent basis, with a continual desire to get better.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Demonstrated skill in monitoring and overseeing loan production pipeline
- Ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
- Sound judgment skills essential to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!