Manager, Talent Acquisition
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
We’re growing and making a real difference in people’s lives every day. Are your talents being leveraged to their fullest? Do you have the autonomy to build a truly impactful recruiting function? If not, consider joining us out as we begin our journey to build the most innovative technology teams in the Bay Area!
This is truly a unique opportunity to make your mark and make the impact you’ve always known you could! In this brand new position, the Manager, Talent Acquisition (TA) is responsible for driving the overall strategy and day-to-day recruiting operations supporting our Engineering, Product, Technology and other groups in our San Mateo location. You will leverage your leadership, collaboration and influencing skills to ensure we capture the highest quality candidates through passive talent sourcing, and that we are thoroughly screening, interviewing and on-boarding with the highest sense of urgency, quality and continuous improvement. Reporting to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition, you will play an integral role in the design, deployment and execution of recruiting initiatives, tools and technology, training and development of the recruiting team, and continuous improvement of our processes. This includes owning the overall employment brand strategy and execution in the Bay Area, which is a big undertaking and a really cool opportunity to build something great!
The day-to-day duties include coaching, leading and developing a team of Recruiters and Sourcing/Talent Attraction Specialists to ensure we deliver on our promise of bringing the very best talent into the company in the shortest timeframe possible. Acting as an expert resource for our Recruiters as they continue their evolution into becoming “Talent Advisors”, you will drive new and innovative talent sourcing strategies, provide expert guidance on selection strategies and build strong relationships with all stakeholders while ensuring a “best in class” candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Leads a team of 2-3 (to start, growing the team is a real possibility based on performance) who are responsible for hiring in Engineering, Product and Data/Strategy and other roles for our San Mateo location.
- Takes the lead on building and executing our employer brand strategy in the Bay Area. Partners with outside branding vendors as needed.
- Leverage metrics and data to drive performance, continuous improvement and quality talent outcomes for the team, our business groups and the company as a whole.
- With clear performance expectations in place, you will guide the recruiters on a daily basis providing support, sourcing and selection strategy assistance, and on-going process improvement.
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels from Managers to the C Suite to understand talent needs now and in the future. Exceptional influencing skills are key.
- Identifies and builds relationships with key external recruiting firms to leverage on occasion.
- Responsible for managing/recruiting executive level openings as needed.
- Identify opportunities and participate in the execution of process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with business leaders, HRBP’s and other peers to ensure the best possible recruiting outcomes, candidate experience and new hire retention.
- Plays a key role in the implementation of our new HCM, Oracle.
- Become a subject matter expert in the utilization and optimization of the ATS and other tools leveraged in the recruiting process.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- 7+ years of overall experience in recruiting with at least 4 years in high growth mode corporate setting required.
- 4+ years of experience recruiting in the technology space (Engineering, Product, BI/Data, etc.).
- 4+ years of experience recruiting all levels of talent up to and including executives at the VP level.
- 3+ years of leading a professional recruiting team in a fast paced, complex organization required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and experience required.
- Proven experience building effective relationships and partnerships across various levels of an organization.
- Talent Advisor certification preferred.
- Advanced talent sourcing certification(s) preferred.
- Proficiency in MS-office necessary; advanced capabilities in Excel, and PowerPoint a strong plus.
- Experience working in a large scale ATS such as Taleo, Brassring, iCims, etc.
Why join us?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity to learn and grow here
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: oyjgbfw2