Manager, Software Test Engineering*
We are a full-stack Test Engineering team that creates high-impact and low-drag activities in our pursuit of quality and productivity. We are looking for a seasoned software quality leader to lead a team of talented test engineers. As part of the Test Engineering leadership team, you will lead the team to uphold the highest quality standards while helping them adopt modern and efficient tools, technologies, and processes. You would be part of an OKR driven team jointly owning the outcomes along with product and developers.
- Responsible for delivery of high-quality products in the most efficient manner
- Collaborate with dev and product leadership as well as business stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Recruit, manage and develop a world-class test engineering team
- Establish Test Engineering processes within the team
- 10-12 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of managing teams in an Agile environment
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with web/API test automation
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.