Manager, Payment Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
As a Manager in Payment Operations, you will lead and manage a team comprised of Remittance Specialists, Supervisors and a Payment Remittance Coach. This team handles the successful and timely remittance of payments, whether those payments are via email, check by phone, physical check or ACH. This team also handles any other payment-related activities (loan advances, refunds, NSFs, authorizations, etc).
Manage the remittance of payments and accuracy of payment related activities
- Oversee the day to day operations of payment remittance via email, check by phone, physical check
- Work to establish controls for payment-related activities (NSF, payment posting, etc).
- Manage daily loan advances and repayments for FPlus and CPlus accounts
- Manage team SLAs
- Monitor performance metrics to ensure efficiency and quality standards are being met
Business structure and improvements
- Work with Sr. Management to coordinate strategic initiatives
- Lead Supervisor and Remit Specialists to implement and sustain improvements
- Performance management, one on one’s and employee development
- Monitor employee performance metrics to ensure efficiency and quality metrics are being met
- Work cross departmentally and with other business unit leaders to develop optimal solutions for payment remittance to creditors
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Supervisory or Management role
- Previous payment experience or contact center experience
- Effective communication skills to work with clients and other departments within the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Must have excellent planning, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to independently manage a heavy workload
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: oe4CbfwP