Manager, Operational Risk and Compliance Testing
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We’re growing and adding a new role to our Enterprise Compliance and Risk Team. Manager, Operational Risk and Compliance Testing is responsible for the development and execution of a risk-based testing program within the Residential and Unsecured Loan Products as well as Debt Settlement lines of business. This includes the execution and maintenance of testing performed internally as well as independently validating and assessing self-testing executed by the business related to compliance/risk. This position will work with the lines of business and compliance/risk peers to establish and maintain appropriate testing forums, testing schedules, and status reporting of all testing activity. Additionally, the Testing Manager develops and reviews testing reports issued to executive management.
- Establish, design, and execute regulatory compliance/risk testing of residential, unsecured loan products-oriented regulations as well as debt settlement.
- Work with the Line of Business as well as the Compliance Manager to ensure all rules applicable to the line of business and the products supported are identified so that testing priorities can be evaluated and established.
- Execute, organize and prioritize testing in a timely manner ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining accuracy.
- Develop and document detailed testing scripts covering testing of controls evaluations and testing of transactions to assess adherence to compliance/risk rules.
- Prepare testing scope, work papers, and reports capturing final results of testing.
- Work closely with other Senior Compliance Officers and Testing team to ensure consistency among execution of testing and interpretation of rules.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in federal and state compliance/risk laws and regulations impacting the group of assigned compliance/risk focus area(s) and ensure testing scripts reflect such changes.
- Prepare and present reports to management regarding status of compliance/risk testing in areas of compliance/risk focus.
- 5-7 years of experience within financial services industry preferred with emphasis on regulatory requirements. Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state lending regulations. Preferred experience with TILA, RESPA, FCRA, or UDAAP.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience executing testing efforts or exposure to audit, quality control or quality management functions and results.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with management and peers.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Bachelor’s degree with professional certification preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.