Manager, Learning and Development
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network is looking for an experienced training and development manager to support and drive our organizational training strategy. Reporting to the Director, Learning and Development,
the Manager of Learning and Development will lead trainers in a fast-paced environment while supporting our philosophy, vision, culture, and strategy enterprise-wide. Collaborating closely with key stakeholders, you will build comprehensive, best in class training programs for newly hired and existing employees to enhance employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
- Evaluate organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Effectively communicate with team members, trainers and management.
- Oversee training class implementations and assess learner outcomes.
- Continually research methods and techniques in workplace training and remain up-to-date on developments within the industry and competitors.
- Administer tests after the completion of training courses to determine the effectiveness of training strategies.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals, ROI, and consultation with senior and line managers.
- Presents in-person and online training sessions and hire qualified personnel to do so.
- Monitors training programs and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary.
- Learning Management System oversight.
- 20% travel is required.
- Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
- Proven work experience as a training manager with experience creating learning paths is required
- Proven experience developing trainers.
- Instructional experience in a group business setting.
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite.
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relationship building skills within all levels within an organization.
- Experience developing yearly training plans and materials for all departments throughout the company.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Demonstrated expertise with traditional and modern training methods (classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, mentoring, coaching, and on-the-job).
- Proactive, self-motivated, naturally inquisitive with a desire to drive improvement.
- Experience working in a leadership role within a business operation (outside of Training/Development) is preferred.
- Experience in finance, consumer lending or banking preferred
- BA/BS degree is required or equivalent years of experience
- Master’s degree is preferred.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work in Phoenix multiple times by our employees
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.