Manager, Instructional Design
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 1700 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
The Manager of Instructional Design focuses on the design, development, and evaluation of instructor-led and online functional, technical, and leadership training programs for Freedom Financial Network. This position manages a team of instructional designers who work directly with content authors, subject matter experts, and project managers to ensure content meets engagement standards and provides a practical learning experience. This individual will be versed in adult learning theories that align with the students learning needs and Freedom’s core values.
- Manage a team of instructional designers, assign projects, onboard new team members, and support the professional development of the group.
- Design, create and facilitate engaging learning experiences through a variety of delivery modalities including, instructor-led classroom learning, web-based/virtual classroom training, online self-directed learning, and performance development support.
- Review material and simulation design, providing feedback and coaching to improve and ensure high-quality training.
- Collaborate with SMEs alongside and on behalf of instructional designers to create effective, efficient, and engaging training.
- Maintain and continuously improve ID reference materials, such as style design and job aids.
- Provide final approval for training materials and simulations before the production release, documenting and managing quality concerns.
- Communicate with customers, including reviewing training design and fielding queries.
- Analyze user feedback and other data to provide recommendations and make improvements to optimize training effectiveness.
- Support the Senior Director of Learning and Development by providing updates and recommendations on team performance, design and development throughput, simulation quality, and risk assessment.
- Experience leading and managing a small team, providing guidance and feedback, implementing processes, and encouraging best practices in instructional design.
- 5+ years experience in instructional design or related field, with demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and instructional design theories.
- Extremely self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence, and high-performance standards.
- Proven ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data, and creatively deliver solutions.
- Experience with project management and creating and managing programmatic frameworks in an instructional design capacity.
- Team player that demonstrates a positive attitude under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Master’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is preferred.
- Experience designing or developing for virtual reality is preferred.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix in 2016 and 2017!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you.