Manager, ACH Payment Processing
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Bring your expertise with business operations & payment processing to support our Asset Management Business.
As the Manager, ACH Payment Processing, your role will be two-fold: Assess existing processes to recommend, design and implement a vastly improved approach for payment operations, funds settlement & deposit processing functions, while managing volume in excess of $8 billion annually.
- Recommend, implement & refine operational systems and procedures (SOP’s) for the Asset Management business, while continually seeking out process improvement to progress departmental productivity & quality of service
- Manage, monitor, and follow up with agents to ensure Standard Operating Procedure is executed
- Routine review of process performance opportunities to determine root cause of error(s) and provide coaching for related collogues to eliminate error(s). Report trending to senior management to address in training and communications
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly production reports related to Fair Lending Act and other federal requirements
- Assess the existing processes to recommend, design and implement a vastly improved strategy for payment operations and funds settlement while managing volume in excess of $8 billion.
- Establish good working relationships with key stakeholders in Finance, Payment Operations, Loan Servicing & Capital Markets Teams
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist & guide agents in solving work problems
- Ensure operations complies with all company and regulatory policies and procedures and maintain broad knowledge and thorough understanding of applicable federal, state and agency regulations and guidelines
- Develop, maintain & manage an engaged team
- 3+ years’ industry experience leading payment and deposit processing functions in a high volume, fast based, growing environment
- Previous management experience in a fast-changing business environment; ability to identify gaps in process and create actionable plans to improve
- Proven people leader with a history of developing junior team members into highly engaged, top performing teams.
- Requires experience in processing and transmitting files or ACH systems, accounting, balancing, banking and/or electronic payment processing related experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines, resolve issues with assistance/direction.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite Products, CRM, Salesforce.com
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- BA/BS degree is highly preferred.
- AAP certification a plus
OPERATIONAL FAMILIARITY WITH THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- RPPS Mastercard Payment Method
- Vendor Management
- UAT Testing
- Returned Checks and Check Adjustments
- Verification of Deposits
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
If interested in this opportunity, apply now!
Job Reference #: ohQFafwG