Lifecycle Conversion Copywriter
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is looking for an experienced digital copywriter to exclusively support Lifecycle sales nurture and lead conversion goals for the range of debt solutions it offers to consumers. This role, Lifecycle Conversion Copywriter, will work closely with the Lifecycle Marketing team and will report to the Director of Growth Creative.
We are looking for a performance-focused professional writer who approaches every project with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude. They excel at executing a high volume of high-quality, deadline-driven copy that engages consumers and converts them into customers.
For us to consider you a candidate, you must be someone who thrives in an environment where you can collaborate with others and add your consumer-centric perspective to each project. You know how to communicate online in a way that delights, informs, and most importantly: converts. You are passionate about building and nurturing relationships with customers and are skilled at compelling action in your writing. And if you have a great sense of humor…well, that’s a huge plus!
- Concept and write engaging, concise, relevant, client-centric copy for in-product experiences, web pages, email, print, phone scripts, SMS, video scripts, sales nurture materials, plus anything else the business requires to meet acquisition and nurture goals.
- Mind-meld with the Lifecycle Marketing team to fully understand their long-term and short-term goals, challenges, process, culture, etc.
- Learn from customer feedback, client interviews, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to gain a complete understanding of the user mindset and experience during the form flow, post-prospect and sales nurture lifecycle stages.
- Conversion rate: Leverages the technology infrastructure in place to do more testing in the form, this person will collaborate with Product and the channel managers to find ways to drive prospects to continue engaging with us. Initial opportunities are focused on the first step in the form (i.e., partner- and channel-specific message testing), and subsequent pull through message testing.
- Contact rate: As we look to continue to engage prospects beyond long-form completion, through the Prospect Experience, Drips, digital nurture campaigns, this person will be working on copy that supports those tests and efforts to drive contact rate improvement.
- Close rate: As we consider the marketing-to-sales hand offs and look for ways to automate contact strategy across tactics, this person will be responsible for the messaging and copy needed to support those tactics and to drive increases in close rate.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure consistent messaging and a more cohesive user experience to improve conversion across lead touchpoints, especially in-product and remarketing communications.
- Fully understand the entire user journey from awareness through acquisition in order to identify any messaging gaps and inconsistencies and to understand what user expectations are being set prior to the form flow and throughout the sales nurture experience.
- Project manage content through all established workflow systems, taking full accountability for meeting required SLAs and Compliance approvals. Clearly communicate status at each checkpoint, and involve stakeholders as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Sr. LIfecycle Content Writer and Acquisition Marketing teams to ensure messaging alignment and to learn and share messaging insights.
- Consult with Director of Growth Creative regarding brand voice consistency, performance goals, challenges, and all other team-related issues.
- Provide additional content support for Lifecycle retention goals as needed, including newsletter content, blog posts, emails, etc.
- At least 6 years of experience in digital copywriting driving acquisition, engagement, and nurture
- Experience directly driving business results in measurable, meaningful ways and meeting or exceeding KPI goals
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams in Agile workflow environment
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing campaigns (email, print, video, web/mobile, social, SMS)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills and experience with online tools such as Divvyhq, Trello, Jira, etc.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative in evaluating and managing priorities, adjusting them as needed and supporting changes with documentation and clear communication.
- Proficient in working with a cross-functional team to collaborate and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google suite
- Financial services writing experience a plus
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.