Lifecycle Conversion Copywriter
Freedom Financial Network is looking for an experienced digital copywriter to exclusively support Lifecycle sales nurture and lead conversion goals for the range of debt solutions it offers to consumers. This role, Lifecycle Conversion Copywriter, will work closely with the Lifecycle Marketing team and will report to the Director of Growth Creative.
We are looking for a performance-focused professional writer who approaches every project with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude. They excel at executing a high volume of high-quality, deadline-driven copy that engages consumers and converts them into customers.
For us to consider you a candidate, you must be someone who thrives in an environment where you can collaborate with others and add your consumer-centric perspective to each project. You know how to communicate online in a way that delights, informs, and most importantly: converts. You are passionate about building and nurturing relationships with customers, and are skilled at compelling action in your writing. And if you have a great sense of humorwell, that’s a huge plus!
- Concept and write engaging, concise, relevant, client-centric copy for in-product experiences, web pages, email, print, phone scripts, SMS, video scripts, sales nurture materials, plus anything else the business requires to meet acquisition and nurture goals.
- Mind-meld with the Lifecycle Marketing team to fully understand their long-term and short-term goals, challenges, process, culture, etc.
- Learn from customer feedback, client interviews, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to gain a complete understanding of the user mindset and experience during the form flow, post-prospect and sales nurture lifecycle stages.
- Conversion rate: Leverages the technology infrastructure in place to do more testing in the form, this person will collaborate with Product and the channel managers to find ways to drive prospects to continue engaging with us. Initial opportunities are focused on the first step in the form (i.e., partner- and channel-specific message testing), and subsequent pull through message testing.
- Contact rate: As we look to continue to engage prospects beyond long-form completion, through the Prospect Experience, Drips, digital nurture campaigns, this person will be working on copy that supports those tests and efforts to drive contact rate improvement.
- Close rate: As we consider the marketing-to-sales hand offs and look for ways to automate contact strategy across tactics, this person will be responsible for the messaging and copy needed to support those tactics and to drive increases in close rate.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure consistent messaging and a more cohesive user experience to improve conversion across lead touchpoints, especially in-product and remarketing communications.
- Fully understand the entire user journey from awareness through acquisition in order to identify any messaging gaps and inconsistencies and to understand what user expectations are being set prior to the form flow and throughout the sales nurture experience.
- Project manage content through all established workflow systems, taking full accountability for meeting required SLAs and Compliance approvals. Clearly communicate status at each checkpoint, and involve stakeholders as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Sr. LIfecycle Content Writer and Acquisition Marketing teams to ensure messaging alignment and to learn and share messaging insights.
- Consult with Director of Growth Creative regarding brand voice consistency, performance goals, challenges, and all other team-related issues.
- Provide additional content support for Lifecycle retention goals as needed, including newsletter content, blog posts, emails, etc.
- At least 6 years of experience in digital copywriting driving acquisition, engagement, and nurture
- Experience directly driving business results in measurable, meaningful ways and meeting or exceeding KPI goals
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams in Agile workflow environment
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing campaigns (email, print, video, web/mobile, social, SMS)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills and experience with online tools such as Divvyhq, Trello, Jira, etc.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative in evaluating and managing priorities, adjusting them as needed and supporting changes with documentation and clear communication.
- Proficient in working with a cross-functional team to collaborate and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google suite
- Financial services writing experience a plus