Integration Engineer / Solutions Architect
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides our growing company’s vision, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success achieved by doing what’s suitable for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
To create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Solution Architect’s goal is to provide Freedom with design best practices and continuous improvement of the technology function within the Productivity & Collaboration Enterprise Applications Team. This resource will assist the product manager in roadmap and strategy as related to efforts focused on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning as well as virtual assistants and automated processes.
- Architect, position, design, develop and deploy enterprise solutions which include components across the artificial intelligence spectrum such as chatbots, virtual assistants, machine learning and cognitive services
- Determine requirements, functional design, process (including scenario design and flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training and support procedures
- Partner with existing AI vendors (MoveworksAI, Metasource, Google, etc.)
- Translate business requirements into well-architected best fit solutions
- Lead technical design sessions on how artificial intelligence or machine learning can be applied; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives
- Create technical scope documentation that aligns with client expectations
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
- Design and manage the execution of test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Evaluates completed projects for optimization and coordinate with team leads to update offerings for future iterations
- Collaborate with functional management team and with business users to refine scope and high level business requirements for major projects.
- Develop with the product manager and maintain working relationships with key vendors so we can maximize our usage of their products
- Liaise with appropriate teams so that initiatives conform to our architectural standards
- Help develop and monitor metrics to measure and improve the efficiency of the functional and technical teams services & tools
- Understanding of the marketplace of artificial intelligence and current trends in the space
- Problem Solving: High level of responsibility. Requires ability to assess process risks and assist in formulating mitigation plans. On key projects, the ability to take corrective action to bring projects back on track and the ability to evaluate alternatives and recommend best course of action will be key attributes needed.
- API/Web services development experience
- AI/ML deployment experience
- Advanced skills in R, Python, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology field of study, or equivalent years of experience
- 6 years’ experience in process design, business process re-engineering, requirements gathering/analysis, and solution architecture or relevant work experience
- 1+ year experience on Conversational AI systems
- 2 years’ domain experience, (Customer & Marketing, Finance, M&A, Operations, etc.)
- 2 years’ full cycle product experiences
- 2+ years’ experience developing and deploying voice and/or text conversational flows for virtual agents or virtual assistants such as IPSoft Amelia, Kore.ai, Nuance Nina, Amazon Lex & Alexa, Dialogflow, or IBM Watson, MS LUIS/MS Azure Cognitive/ML
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a “Best Place to Work” multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- Three weeks paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- Nine paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday