Instructional Designer (Contract)
Instructional Designer (Contract)
The Learning & Development team at Freedom Financial Network has an exciting opportunity for a remote, work from home Instructional Designer position. This position will work closely with the Learning & Development Trainers, Training Managers and business lines to create instructional content in a variety of training modalities for all adult learners within the company.
How You’ll Contribute
- Creates effective and engaging instructional curriculum specifically crafted to produce desired learning outcomes and support the goals of the business
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies conducive to motivating learning, including examples, practice, and interactivity
- Consults with internal customers regarding design, development, and revision of their training products
- Determines course objectives and the appropriate sequence in which to address them, and develops assessment items that accurately measure learning outcomes
- Maintains open communication with stakeholders to ensure projects proceed in a timely manner and deadlines are met
- Uses technology and multimedia appropriately to enhance training
- Maintains currency with instructional design and industry trends and research
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience applying instructional design to performance-based training
- 2+ years of technical writing experience applying training methodologies
- Experience working with Articulate 360 Storyline and Rise
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning methodologies, including the instructional design model ADDIE
- Experience working with Camtasia a plus
- Knowledge of graphic design principles
- Acute attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to assess training needs, consult with internal customers, and develop appropriate instructional curriculum that produces desired learning outcomes
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly approachable and professional at all times
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in the financial or mortgage industry a plus
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader