Information Security Analyst- Controls and Compliance
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Security Controls and Compliance Analyst is a high touch role requiring excellent communication cross-functionally in a dynamic environment! The analyst will work directly with Security, Engineering, IT, and Operations. Knowledge of Security Compliance frameworks and enthusiasm for learning are a must!
- Assessing and providing analysis on periodic internal audits and security compliance reviews (e.g. SOC, ISO 27001/2, NIST, FFIEC,GLBA, PCI, NIST 800-53 and SOX)
- Developing Internal Controls and Performing periodic testing of internal controls
- Developing assessment work papers and collateral
- Documenting compliance findings and risks, as well as championing recommendations for remediation
- Assisting in building and maintaining technology and security controls (compliance frameworks that will be eventually be integrated in a GRC tool
- Assisting in the development of policies and procedures that will help Freedom to adopt a risk-based mentality toward all day-to-day activities
- Consulting internal stakeholders regarding Freedom Financial Network’s Security Compliance, Software Engineering, and Control requirements
- Working with external auditors to assist in the completion of annual compliance audits
- BS Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a technology related field is strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience performing test of internal controls eg. SOC, ISO27001/2 NIST 800-53, FFIEC
- Knowledge or strong interest in infrastructure security, operations security, information technology controls and tools
- Experience with GRC and controls baselines
- Amazing project management and organizational skills
- Strong technical, analytic, and communication skills (both written and verbal) Extreme attention to detail and nuance, with a working familiarity with compliance practices and tools
- CISA, CISM, CISSP or other certifications strongly preferred
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: odPX9fwS