Head of Investor Reporting (Remote)
Head of Investor Reporting, Lendage
We are aggressively growing our newest business, Lendage, which provides mortgage products to consumers. Since launching in the middle of 2019, Lendage has grown rapidly and has now achieved initial scale. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching and planning for reduced production. As Lendage enters its next stage of growth, we require a significant expansion of our capabilities in loan sales, investor reporting, and interactions with the capital markets team at Freedom Financial.
As one of our key leadership hires at Lendage, you will work closely with our other senior leaders in San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ as you play the key role of driving the processes and activities for Lendage loan sales. You will have to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone, as you tackle the challenges of building-out our loan sales, investor reporting, and portfolio analytics functions.
- Oversee and lead all activities for loan sales, investor reporting, and portfolio analytics.
- Create and maintain investor reporting for our loan buyers, working with loan servicing, capital markets, and data/BI teams.
- Act as the primary interface for investors to answer questions, explain reporting metrics, and respond to ad hoc inquiries.
- Develop key performance metrics for the Lendage loan portfolio.
- Build a strong rapport with key individuals internally (loan operations team, credit modeling team; analytics team; capital markets team) and externally (portfolio managers and portfolio analytics team at loan buyers, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Capital Markets as well as President of Lendage, Head of UW, Head of Closing, Head of Servicing and other individuals at Lendage to build and maintain a best-in-class loan sales and investor reporting process.
- Strong understanding of mortgage loan sales and investor reporting best practices
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual, with a sense of urgency, and a taste for adventure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams towards the delivery of goals and objectives
- Capacity to multitask and get things done.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment. Seeks feedback and accepts constructive criticism and coaching on a consistent basis, with a continual desire to get better.
- Manage and oversee the identification of issues that will improve operational efficiency, reduce loss, and minimize risk in loan sales, reporting, and portfolio oversight.
- Manage all mortgage investor reporting to ensure data is reported accurately, according to all requirements (SLAs with external investors and vendors), and within established timelines. Ensure the company remains in good standing and delivers on SLAs with external investors, vendors, etc.
- Serve as a key member in reporting and accounting for sub-serviced transactions. Provide reporting associated with portfolio performance and result oriented metrics on a daily/weekly/monthly schedule.
- Provide direction, leadership, training, motivation, coaching and assessment to ensure optimum performance in support of company and department goals. Ensure policies and procedures are executed and implemented timely and accurately followed.
- Facilitate the review and approval of investor repurchase demands and corresponding rebuttals. Maintain a working knowledge of all job functions and responsibilities performed in the departments.
- Review the flow process to ensure all new loans are activated correctly. Ensure all reconciliation exceptions and variances are resolved accurately and reconciliations are completed in accordance with policy.
- Participate and represent the department in all internal and external audits and various due diligence reviews and/or exams. Ensure that data requests are handled in a timely manner and data provided are materially accurate. This includes Quarterly Reporting and Rating Agency reviews.
- Collaborate with management, internal departments and/or analysts to coordinate service transfers by ensuring investor transfer requests and submission of loan-level transfer files are transferred according to service level agreements. This will include guidance and/or problem resolution and it may include developing new reporting to ensure the needs of the master servicer are met.
- Remain current on mortgage servicing compliance, regulations and applicable laws that affect investor reporting and operations. Advise management on operational/industry changes within assigned functional areas.
- Understand and comply with institutional policy, laws, regulations, and BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401(k) with employer match
- Unlimted PTO
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.